SkepNews-Week of 5/23/08
- Astrologers to pick US presidential race winner – Given their accuracy track record, they’ll probably go for Rudy Giuliani. Wow, this astrology stuff is quite potent. Not only can it tell you what you will do, but also pretty much what every other American will do, since winning the presidential election depends as much on the voters as the candidates themselves. Pretty fucking mind blowing potent if you ask me!
- Euthanasia, the ultimate ignored human right – Only Oregon has legalized euthanasia so far in the US. One man is trying to make Washington go Oregon’s way. Let’s all hope he succeeds, for the sake of human rights and human dignity.
- 12 year old boy beheads man on video – peaceful religion my ass. Such outcomes are the reason why religion should be wiped out, regardless of all the supposed good things it does for us, such as give us false hope through lies, lies and more lies. I’ll take the cruel reality thank you very much.
- Self appointed prophet wanted to bed 7 virgins – Is anyone really surprised?
- Female genital mutilation legal again in Egypt – No doubt everyone who voted in favor had hardware dangling in between his legs….and nothing dangling inside their head….complete void and emptiness.
- Dutch cartoonist arrested for drawing cartoons offensive to Islam – really dutch folk need to get their shit together. I was always looking at that part of the world as the example of some of the best democracies around. This kind of censorship makes you think twice. Have these people never heard of freedom of speech?
- The Shroud of Turin to be tested…yet again – it’s fake folks! It doesn’t matter how many times you test it, it will come back as a medieval fake. And what’s the rationale for this retest? Oh, it must have been contaminated by a yet unknown process which moved the carbon dating about 1,000 years ahead. It’s kind of pointless anyway, even if they show that it does in fact date back to the times of Jesus. How does that prove it’s authenticity anyway? It would simply mean that it was produced 2,000 years ago, not that it is authentic. What a waste of time and money!
- Oregon court upholds gay marriage ban – Ok, we can’t expect Oregon to have all the good laws can we? They’re ok on the euthanasia front, and running with the pack on the gay marriage front. Still better than most other states, with the exception of California may be, I say!
2 Comments »