SkepNews-Week ending 6/6/08
- 100-year-old yeti scalp at a remote monastery in the Himalayas-Why is it that people have such a fascination with remote monasteries and monks as such? Why is it that we are willing to believe that these guys hold some really deep secrets? It’s too bad that photography is not allowed by the monks, so all we have is a sketch based on “eye witness” accounts. Sorry but a sketch doesn’t quite cut it. So yet again we are left with somebody’s word. Just somebody’s word. No tangible evidence whatsoever.
- A step forward for Turkey – The Constitutional Court said that a vote by parliament to ease a ban on scarves being worn on campuses violated the constitution’s secular principles. I couldn’t agree with it more!
- Cat turns into a woman after being struck by motorcycle-The incredible thing is that the Nigerian Tribune is reporting this so credulously as a fact. “WHAT could be described as a fairy tale turned real on Wednesday in Port Harcourt, Rivers State,” it reports. 3 cats were crossing the street when they were hit by a motorcycle. At this time one of them turned into a woman, one escaped and the other was beaten to death by a mob (and this one did not shape shift! Hmmm, curious fact!), which also wanted to kill the woman. Fuck, you get run by a motorcycle and bystanders try to kill you. Talk about bad luck!
- Autism linked to preterm birth and low birth weight – and still unrelated to vaccines! But who cares, vaccines are an easier villain to blame than low birth weight.
- Ousted Nepal king needs a house and an astrologer’s help-the king has been ousted by assembly so he has engaged astrologers to tell him when to leave the palace. I have an idea: How about within 2 weeks which is just how much time he has been given to vacate the premises?
- Vatican Bars Female priests– 2,000 years later you’re still not as good as men in the eyes of the Vatican ladies, sorry! Now why would any self respecting woman, still respect Christianity and the Vatican beats me. I guess there are lots of women that have no respect for themselves around.
- 34 convicted for demonstration at the US Supreme Court – I am divided on this one. On, the one hand you have the Constitution and freedom of speech. On the other hand you have laws, which theoretically are based on the constitution. Tough one, but at the end of the day, if a cop tells you to do something, you do it. Period, people, period! If you want to challenge a law, get yourself a good lawyer and do it the right way, don’t go around disobeying cops orders, else you get in trouble. Period! On the other hand we have the constitutional right to freedom of speech and peaceful assembly, and the constitution should be held higher than any other law. Period! See, I told you I’m divided on this one. God that was a lot of periods!
- Monkey God named school chairman – A position which comes with its own office, desk and laptop. The school, which opened last year, awards bachelor’s degrees in engineering and management. Am I the only one who sees something hilariously wrong with a diploma signed by a Monkey God?
- Death sentence for apostasy in Saudi Arabia – These are the same people we’re so cozy with for their oil. Who cares about human rights, if there’s money to be made right?
- Blind student killed by teacher for not learning the Quran – More from the “peaceful” religion. Muhammad Atif was hung upside down from a ceiling fan and severely beaten by his teacher, Qari Ziauddin, at the seminary or madrassa in Vihari, near Lahore on Thursday, they said. At least there are some good news on this front, the teacher had been arrested on charges of torturing and murdering the boy.
- Al Qaida …discriminates women – and the women are furious about it. They are really upset and, get this, “are fighting or pleading for the right to be terrorists”. They’re not fighting for any of the basic human rights they lack, they’re not even asking to be treated a little better than animals. They don’t want to be treated as humans. But they really, really want to be terrorists. I think, with this level of stupidity, they actually deserve everything they get.
- Atheist caught having sex…in confession box – Authorities were alerted after a parishoner heard “rustling and groaning” coming from inside the confession box and pulled back the curtains to reveal a goth-rock couple engaged in oral sex, ANSA said. The agency said the pair — a 31-year-old laborer and a 32-year-old teacher — defended their conduct saying: “We are atheists and for us, having sex in church is like doing it any other place.” – Ok first of all, I don’t know any goths who are atheists, because they tend to like Satan. Second, if they were indeed atheists, and even though we need to increase our ranks with little atheists, have a little decency people. Public places are not good choices for sexual activities.
No comments yet.