- Dad kills son to get demons out – 27-year-old grocery store worker who police say punched and kicked his 2-year-old son to death on a country road calmly told motorists who stopped at the scene that he had to “get the demons” out of the boy, two witnesses said Monday. The boy was beaten so savagely that DNA tests will be needed to confirm his identity, Singh said.- I say give him the chair.
- FDA cracks down on quack cancer treatments – The is cracking down on teas, supplements, creams and other products that falsely claim to cure, treat or prevent cancer even though they are not agency-approved drugs. All are available for sale on the Internet. The ingredients of these unproven treatments include bloodroot, , coral calcium, cesium, ellagic acid, and a variety of mushrooms among other products.- Where do you start if you’re the FDA? WHERE DO YOU START?
- Rapture site to send unbeliever’s last chance vie e-mail – YouveBeenLeftBehind.com promises subscribers “one last opportunity to reach your lost family and friends for Christ” by automatically sending them a series of emails and documents if the rapture should occur. For an annual fee of $40 (£20), customers are offered the chance to send these messages to their loved ones to convince them to believe in God. – If rapture were to happen, do these morons think I’ll be in front of my computer checking my e-mail?
- A psychic, teaching assistant and school board walk into a bar – sounds like the beginning of a bad joke right? Well the story goes like this. Teaching assistant goes to psychic. Phsychic says girl whose name starts with “V” is being sexually abused. Teacher assistant sounds the alarm. School and appropriate authorities get involved. Mother gets the scare of her life – All because a second rate charlatan blurted something with no evidence whatsoever. Shame, shame shame!
- Cult mother tortures own sons – Six people in the Czech Republic, including the boy’s mother, face between eight to 12 years in prison for allegedly torturing Ondrej and Jakub, now aged 8 and 10. The defendants were allegedly beating the brothers, locking them up in cages or even cutting them and burning them with cigarettes. It is alleged pieces of their flesh were hacked off to be eaten by their relatives.-Sick, demented fucks
- Praying claims yet another victim – Oregon officials say a teenager from a faith-healing family died from an illness that could have been easily treated, just a few months after a toddler cousin of his died in a case that has led to criminal charges. Oregon law allows minors 14 and older to decide whether to accept medical treatment. Beagley’s family says he refused it. – Oh his sick family says he refused it. I guess we have to believe them, don’t we? Throw their sick, demented asses in jail and let them rot. Stupid, arrogant dickheads!
- Large Hadron Collider no threat to humanity – That black hole that was going to eat the Earth? Forget about it, and keep making the mortgage payments — those of you who still have them. – Oh shit, let me call my banker, I’m in trouble! Wait a minute, I don’t own a house! Well of course it’s not the end of the Earth. Don’t those morons know that’s not going to happen until 2012? Stupid!
- South Carolina’s own “I Believe” plates – A group that advocates separation of church and state filed a federal lawsuit Thursday to prevent South Carolina from becoming the first state to create “I Believe” license plates. The group contends that South Carolina’s government is endorsing Christianity by allowing the plates, which would include a cross superimposed on a stained glass window. – It is important to note that a couple of pastors are the ones behind the lawsuit, not some enraged, immoral atheist. I actually don’t have such a problem with this thing. I do not see it as state endorsing religion, as long as whoever wants the plate pays the full cost of producing it. I think anyone has the right to display their religious belief in their cars.
- Settling a debt with a daughter – An Afghani opium farmer, affected by a recent ban on opium farming, has resorted to handing over his 6 year old daughter as a bride to his creditor’s son, in order to settle his debt. – I don’t want to hear excuses, he’s an ass and deserves to be humiliated in the deepest way possible. I don’t care how poor you are, you are never justified in giving away your child to settle a debt. Never! You steal if you have to, but you don’t touch your kid! Fucking asshole!
- Baby girls deaths increase considerably in India -A report by the UK charity says increasing numbers of female foetuses were being aborted and baby girls deliberately neglected and left to die. In one site in the Punjab state, there are just 300 girls to every 1,000 boys among higher caste families, it says.- Besides the moral issues at stake here, I wonder who are the other 700 boys going to marry, once they grow up? Baffling indeed!
- Religious Americans surprisingly open minded – 70 percent of Americans with a religious affiliation shared that view, and 68 percent said there is more than one true way to interpret the teachings of their own religion. – Hey that’s good news for everybody. You know what they say, the first step is to recognize you’ve got a problem. But I don’t know what the article means by this “The findings, revealed Monday in a survey of 35,000 adults, can either be taken as a positive sign of growing religious tolerance, or disturbing evidence that Americans dismiss or don’t know fundamental teachings of their own faiths.”-Why would that be disturbing? It does not disturb me at all. In fact I know for sure most religious people do not know, or choose not to follow, the teachings of their religion. Also reported at NYTimes.
- Jesus has come back…as a traffic cop! – He is known simply as Vissarion, meaning “he who gives new life,” or simply as the teacher, and he claims that he is Jesus Christ. The Church of the Last Testament has abolished Christmas and replaced it with a new celebration on Vissarion’s birthday. And a new calendar has been introduced which dates from the year of his birth, making this year 48. – You know they have a word for this kind of stuff……ah yes, CULT!
- What drugs? It’s my religion! – The Shoops were charged with drug trafficking in December 2006 after authorities found about 28 marijuana plants growing in their backyard, according to Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Neil Holcombe. In April, Wilters found that the couple had violated their probation when they failed drug tests, and he sent them back to the county’s jail without bail. A trial is expected this fall. The Shoops argued that since their arrest they have started a ministry in their Robertsdale home and serve as missionaries for Universal Orthodox Church, which is based in Atlanta. The Christian denomination believes marijuana has biblical origins and was a key ingredient in holy anointing oil of Moses and the christening oil of Jesus Christ, according to testimony and court documents.- Needless to say they were shot dead in the water, although I don’t doubt that marijuana did have a role to play in the writing of the Bible.
I’m gonna stop here. I had too many items bookmarked for just one entry. Maybe I’ll do an additional one this week. Thanks.