An Australian teenager, wearing a T-shirt with the writing “Jesus is a c**t” , and depicting a nun masturbating, has been charged with offensive behavior under the Summary Offenses Act 2005 for public nuisance. What is it about religion, that makes otherwise democratic societies, such as Australia, censor the most basic human right, freedom of speech? What is it about otherwise democratic societies, that makes them try to legalize morality and political correctness, a very anti-democratic endeavor? I don’t know, I just don’t get it!
Sen-Sgt Arron Ottaway defended charging the teen.
“I’m not religious but that’s just offensive,” Sen-Sgt Ottaway said.
Offensive? A writing on a T-shirt is offensive. So what? Is that reason enough to enact a law about it? What writing in any T-shirt is not offensive to someone? Why the special treatment for religion? Why is it above every other thing? Are Australian police going to do the same for someone wearing a T-shirt proclaiming Jesus as our lord and savior? Probably not, nor should they. Freedom of speech is more important than anyone’s feelings, even my own. Furthermore, and this may come as a surprise to some, NUNS ARE HUMAN AND NOT ABOVE THE “SIN” OF MASTURBATION. The only difference is that they probably feel really, really bad…after feeling really, really good!
Police conducted inquiries at Australia Fair shopping centre, where the teen said he bought the shirt, to find any shops selling it.
Am I the only one who is reminded of Nazi Germany or Communist Russia by such behaviors? Have they nothing else to occupy the police with in Australia, than trying to find out which store is selling which “offensive” T-shirts? This is laughable. This is absolutely ridiculous. I was not aware that Australia was a theocracy!
Gold Coast lawyer Bill Potts told website goldcoast.com.au that the arrest highlighted Australia’s need for a Bill of Rights.
“One of the great problems with our country is that we talk about rights such as privacy and freedom of speech and the like but they are not enshrined or protected in any way as they are in America,” Mr Potts said.
“While there are always limits on freedom of speech, you can’t incite violence or anything like that, it seems to be now more than ever that our rights to freedom of speech and freedom of expression should be protected.
“A Bill of Rights which enshrines that protection is long overdue in this country.”
Amen to that!
The United Nations has consciously and of its own choice turned itself into Islam’s whore, when they choose to decide that criticizing Islam, and religion in general, is unacceptable, unless you’re a religious scholar.
Muslim countries have won a battle to prevent Islam from being criticized during debates by the UN Human Rights Council. Religions deserve special protection because any debate about faith is bound to be “very complex, very sensitive and very intense”, council President Doru-Romulus Costea said Wednesday.
While Costea’s ban applies to all religions, it was prompted by Muslim countries complaining about references to Islam.
They’ve shown just what cowards we are relying upon to deal with the most pressing problems humanity faces. The Human Rights Council has nullified and completely ignored the most basic of human rights, freedom of speech. Say what you want about the US but at least here we have freedom of speech to a degree unparalleled in most countries in the world. Apparently a homeless person in the streets of New York has more freedom to express his opinion than members of, arguably, the hightest council concerned with Human Rights in the whole world.
So what if such debate will be “very complex, very sensitive and very intense”? Isn’t that why these guys are there, to tacke complex and sensitive an intense issues? They’re not in charge of trivial things for Allah’s sake, at the contrary they are in charge of what is probably the most important of all of human endeavors, the protection of the rights we have by virtue of being human. What will the decide not to talk about next? Genital mutilation is bound to be very controversial and create great discomfort to the delegates from the countries that practice it. So let’s scratch it, the UN Council of Human Rights won’t touch it, because these cowards are afraid of intense debate. Maybe genocide, forced child labor, slavery, racism, sexism, all sort of culturally “justified” discriminations will be off limits as well. No sir, we woldn’t wont to talk about things that will offend people, especially religous people.
Political correctness is cowardice! The UN Human Rights Council members do not deserve to be endowed with such a great responsibility, and all the recognition and benefits that flow from such membership, if they are willing to take such absurd abuse of the mast basic human rights without raising a voice of disent. They should be ashamed of themselves if they take this standing down.
The moral repercussions of curbing freedom of speech in order to protect people’s lunacy are unimaginable. It takes a lunatic to even think that this is the right, moral thing to do. It appears Mr. Doru-Romulus Costea is a lunatic.
According to this news article:
Pakistan will ask the European Union countries to amend laws regarding freedom of expression in order to prevent offensive incidents such as the printing of blasphemous caricatures of Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) and the production of an anti-Islam film by a Dutch legislator, sources in the Interior Ministry told Daily Times on Saturday.
The delegation, headed by an additional secretary of the Interior Ministry, will meet the leaders of the EU countries in a bid to convince them that the recent attack on the Danish Embassy in Pakistan could be a reaction against the blasphemous campaign, sources said.
They said that the delegation would also tell the EU that if such acts against Islam are not controlled, more attacks on the EU diplomatic missions abroad could not be ruled out.
Ok, first of all outlawing free expression is not considered “amending” the freedom of epxression laws, it is outright deleting such freedoms, blowing them to bits completely. I expect nothing less than a “get the fuck out of here” from the EU to the Pakistani delegation.
Secondly, is it just me or do their arguments about the violence sounds a whole lot like blackmail? More attacks on the EU diplomatic missions abroad could not be ruled out? Now, European’s have evolved into a quite non-confrontational bunch as of late, the proper way to evolve as modern societies I think, but I don’t think even they will back down in front of such shameless bullying.
I think the Pakistani delegation will get a respectful bitch slapping, which it wholly deserves and be sent packing back to the caves they crawled out of. Or maybe, in accordance with the amendments they suggest, they should just be told to “shut the fuck up” and “sit their ass down and not make a sound” while everyone else points at them and laughs. Why not? They are the ones suggesting this kind of bullshit!
- 100-year-old yeti scalp at a remote monastery in the Himalayas-Why is it that people have such a fascination with remote monasteries and monks as such? Why is it that we are willing to believe that these guys hold some really deep secrets? It’s too bad that photography is not allowed by the monks, so all we have is a sketch based on “eye witness” accounts. Sorry but a sketch doesn’t quite cut it. So yet again we are left with somebody’s word. Just somebody’s word. No tangible evidence whatsoever.
- A step forward for Turkey – The Constitutional Court said that a vote by parliament to ease a ban on scarves being worn on campuses violated the constitution’s secular principles. I couldn’t agree with it more!
- Cat turns into a woman after being struck by motorcycle-The incredible thing is that the Nigerian Tribune is reporting this so credulously as a fact. “WHAT could be described as a fairy tale turned real on Wednesday in Port Harcourt, Rivers State,” it reports. 3 cats were crossing the street when they were hit by a motorcycle. At this time one of them turned into a woman, one escaped and the other was beaten to death by a mob (and this one did not shape shift! Hmmm, curious fact!), which also wanted to kill the woman. Fuck, you get run by a motorcycle and bystanders try to kill you. Talk about bad luck!
- Autism linked to preterm birth and low birth weight – and still unrelated to vaccines! But who cares, vaccines are an easier villain to blame than low birth weight.
- Ousted Nepal king needs a house and an astrologer’s help-the king has been ousted by assembly so he has engaged astrologers to tell him when to leave the palace. I have an idea: How about within 2 weeks which is just how much time he has been given to vacate the premises?
- Vatican Bars Female priests– 2,000 years later you’re still not as good as men in the eyes of the Vatican ladies, sorry! Now why would any self respecting woman, still respect Christianity and the Vatican beats me. I guess there are lots of women that have no respect for themselves around.
- 34 convicted for demonstration at the US Supreme Court – I am divided on this one. On, the one hand you have the Constitution and freedom of speech. On the other hand you have laws, which theoretically are based on the constitution. Tough one, but at the end of the day, if a cop tells you to do something, you do it. Period, people, period! If you want to challenge a law, get yourself a good lawyer and do it the right way, don’t go around disobeying cops orders, else you get in trouble. Period! On the other hand we have the constitutional right to freedom of speech and peaceful assembly, and the constitution should be held higher than any other law. Period! See, I told you I’m divided on this one. God that was a lot of periods!
- Monkey God named school chairman – A position which comes with its own office, desk and laptop. The school, which opened last year, awards bachelor’s degrees in engineering and management. Am I the only one who sees something hilariously wrong with a diploma signed by a Monkey God?
- Death sentence for apostasy in Saudi Arabia – These are the same people we’re so cozy with for their oil. Who cares about human rights, if there’s money to be made right?
- Blind student killed by teacher for not learning the Quran – More from the “peaceful” religion. Muhammad Atif was hung upside down from a ceiling fan and severely beaten by his teacher, Qari Ziauddin, at the seminary or madrassa in Vihari, near Lahore on Thursday, they said. At least there are some good news on this front, the teacher had been arrested on charges of torturing and murdering the boy.
- Al Qaida …discriminates women – and the women are furious about it. They are really upset and, get this, “are fighting or pleading for the right to be terrorists”. They’re not fighting for any of the basic human rights they lack, they’re not even asking to be treated a little better than animals. They don’t want to be treated as humans. But they really, really want to be terrorists. I think, with this level of stupidity, they actually deserve everything they get.
- Atheist caught having sex…in confession box – Authorities were alerted after a parishoner heard “rustling and groaning” coming from inside the confession box and pulled back the curtains to reveal a goth-rock couple engaged in oral sex, ANSA said. The agency said the pair — a 31-year-old laborer and a 32-year-old teacher — defended their conduct saying: “We are atheists and for us, having sex in church is like doing it any other place.” – Ok first of all, I don’t know any goths who are atheists, because they tend to like Satan. Second, if they were indeed atheists, and even though we need to increase our ranks with little atheists, have a little decency people. Public places are not good choices for sexual activities.
- Astrologers to pick US presidential race winner – Given their accuracy track record, they’ll probably go for Rudy Giuliani. Wow, this astrology stuff is quite potent. Not only can it tell you what you will do, but also pretty much what every other American will do, since winning the presidential election depends as much on the voters as the candidates themselves. Pretty fucking mind blowing potent if you ask me!
- Euthanasia, the ultimate ignored human right – Only Oregon has legalized euthanasia so far in the US. One man is trying to make Washington go Oregon’s way. Let’s all hope he succeeds, for the sake of human rights and human dignity.
- 12 year old boy beheads man on video – peaceful religion my ass. Such outcomes are the reason why religion should be wiped out, regardless of all the supposed good things it does for us, such as give us false hope through lies, lies and more lies. I’ll take the cruel reality thank you very much.
- Self appointed prophet wanted to bed 7 virgins – Is anyone really surprised?
- Female genital mutilation legal again in Egypt – No doubt everyone who voted in favor had hardware dangling in between his legs….and nothing dangling inside their head….complete void and emptiness.
- Dutch cartoonist arrested for drawing cartoons offensive to Islam – really dutch folk need to get their shit together. I was always looking at that part of the world as the example of some of the best democracies around. This kind of censorship makes you think twice. Have these people never heard of freedom of speech?
- The Shroud of Turin to be tested…yet again – it’s fake folks! It doesn’t matter how many times you test it, it will come back as a medieval fake. And what’s the rationale for this retest? Oh, it must have been contaminated by a yet unknown process which moved the carbon dating about 1,000 years ahead. It’s kind of pointless anyway, even if they show that it does in fact date back to the times of Jesus. How does that prove it’s authenticity anyway? It would simply mean that it was produced 2,000 years ago, not that it is authentic. What a waste of time and money!
- Oregon court upholds gay marriage ban – Ok, we can’t expect Oregon to have all the good laws can we? They’re ok on the euthanasia front, and running with the pack on the gay marriage front. Still better than most other states, with the exception of California may be, I say!